Saturday, March 7, 2009

It all works out.



"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us...If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."-Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

I love this quote and it really made an impact on me and my life at the moment. Jason was diagnosed with cancer this last week and I recently just recovered from a major surgery. I feel that we have been and are going through a lot but I know that Heavenly Father is looking out for us and he does have our best interest in heart. I am know that he will answer our prayers and that Jason will be healed from the cancer. I am so grateful for the gospel and the joy that it brings into our lives.

12 comments:

Kimberly said...

I have learned that life is about sweat and sorrow, but happiness comes from enduring and overcoming. I pray that it does all work out. Thank you for sharing your uplifting attitude.

Meredith said...

oh dear! I'm so sorry to hear about what you guys are going through. But isn't it great to have the knowledge of the gospel in our lives?! Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you guys!

Anna said...

I'm so sorry Tami. I can't imagine how hard this must be for you two. Keep having faith and let us know if we can help in any way.

Ev said...

Oh my goodness I can't believe all this! So what surgury did you have and what kind of cancer? Is there hopes for cjuring it? Let me know if there is anything I can do besides pray - cannfam1@comcast.net . This quote is on my computer as I love it and it has been a big help to me through the years - Love it! Well I love you & wish you all the best!!!
:) Ev

Charayne said...

Trials are what make us stronger. At times we think that we won't be able to endure any more, but Heavenly Father know us better than we know ourselves. Good luck with everything and let us know what you need.

Chelsea said...

It's so good to have the gospel in our lives at times like these! Faith and courage my friend, our prayers are with you!

RaeLynn said...

Tami, I can't imagine how scary that must be. You are so full of faith and so brave. Keep us updated on what is going on ok? Love ya.

Christiansen's said...

Tami, I am so sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out for you guys. My prayers will be with you :)

Aubrey said...

You have such a great attitude about all of this! I don't know if I could be so positive. I think you are wonderful!

Latter-day Saint Mom said...

I love that quote as well! Was saddened to hear about Jason and hope that you are recovering well from surgery. I will be coming out to Utah in April and will be visiting for a month or so and would love to visit with you. Know how much your friendship means to me.

Shari said...

That quote is pretty much what I tell myself everyday! We love you guys so much, and I know that you will be blessed, and that Heavenly Father is mindful of you and I and our desires to have a family!! We'll get through this trial, and I know that one day we will look back and be thankful for all that we go through, because it will make us more grateful in the end!! Love you sis!!!!

Jordon and Wendi said...

Tami, I haven't been checking other people's blogs lately because things have been crazy for me. I am sorry to hear about Jason, what kind of cancer? If you ever need to talk, I am here.